Sunday, December 2, 2012

Last Blog of the Semester!

I figured for my last blog, I'd touch on some big news in this particular area that has seemed to make it beyond just local television and newspapers.  What I've heard a lot about lately is Jessica Linscott and her boyfriend, who dropped their child off at Exeter Hospital after burning him and abusing him.  They then took off to Florida to enjoy a vacation in Orlando.  This is such terrible news, and it really made me even more interested in it because Exeter Hospital is about 10 or 15 minutes from my house, so thinking these people were in the area and did such a terrible thing is upsetting.

After a semester of writing and reading news, I just wanted to reflect a little bit on it as part of this last blog.  I think taking this class has made me learn a lot about writing news and reporting.  Although I am not continuing with news writing classes in the future at UNH, I think I learned a lot, especially interviewing skills and different types of writing skills.  Writing about news made me learn to pick more of the important facts out of things rather than just the random details, which is an important skill in general.  I also learned a lot just through reading news and realized how it is important to keep up on it. Sometimes, I think I learn more through reading articles about current events than in some classes because a lot of news is factual and can teach you about things you never knew where going on in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment