Monday, October 22, 2012

10/22 Blog

After several weeks of reading news now, I'm starting to realize that I don't really like the New York Times website compared to other news websites out there.  I think it is informative, but I just find it very boring to get into.  I recently started reading off the Huffington Post website, as well as USA Today, and my local newspaper, and I like those websites a lot more.  I also like the CNN and WMUR websites, although those are TV news website.

As for my news reading for today, it mostly was made up of political articles since those are almost all that I see on the pages today due to tonights debate.  Another news article I read was on the meningitis risk and how it could effect up to 14,000 people, which is an insane amount!  The article talked about how it may have come from an infected needle, which always seems to be the case in big problems like this.  What I particularly liked about this article is how it started out, because it started with "Cathy Literski could tell something was wrong just from her mother's voice on the telephone," which is a clever way to make the reader (me) keep reading and wanting to know what else is going to unfold in this article from just the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment