Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Hurricane Sandy
As I expected, Hurricane Sandy is taking over just about every platform of news. When I looked at sites like the Huffington Post and LA Times, it was very well covered, as well as the New York Times, which is to be expected seeing how it hit New York and New Jersey very hard. The hurricane is very big news because it generally does not happen in the New England area, and at this point, about 8.1 Million people are without power according to a short article in the Huffington Post. Sandy brought winds up to 90 mph through the NJ/NYC area, leaving the city in a blackout. The trains going in and out of the city were cancelled, as well as all flights in the entire area that Sandy was expected to hit. I was fortunate through the storm and although my lights flickered a few times, and the winds and rain were insane, I did not lose my power. The storm was very big news and I'm sure it will be in the headlines all throughout the rest of the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment