Saturday, November 3, 2012

Election Takeover on the news

Like I've mentioned in many posts lately, the election is really taking over the newspapers and TV news.  Today, on the Huffington Post homepage, there is a big chart of the 50 states and it gives you a lot of information and statistics about the candidates, as far as how they're doing in each state and what states are swing states, etc.  I took some time to look at this and kind of put it together, and it looks like there are a lot of Romney states, especially in the Southern portion of the country, however, electoral college wise, I'd say Obama definitely looks like the winner, but I guess we'll all see on Tuesday.  On top of spending time looking at the charts on the election, I noticed in several news sites, including the Huff. Post, there were a few articles about the New York Marathon being cancelled.  In the New York Times specifically, it went into how canceling it wastes a lot of money, however, I think there is more to it than just that, as there are many people still without power in the city.  Another article I read was about the MBTA system in Boston shutting down during the storm.  What I liked and found most interesting about this news story (found on the Boston Globe site), is that the article had little writing by the actual author, and mostly used peoples tweets about the MBTA system and its updates during the storm.  I thought it was very effective in telling the story, as twitter is very updated nowadays and you can find things out on there before even the newspapers report on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment