Saturday, November 17, 2012
Hostess
For the past few days, on television news and in the newspapers, I've read/heard a lot about Hostess going out of business. I think it is kind of funny how this is such big news to everyone, because it makes me realize how much a company that makes donuts and other bakery snacks seems to mean to people in America. On the news, it showed several people going out of there way to go to the store to buy "the last twinkies" and ding dongs, ho-ho's, etc. I just think it is interesting how it seems to effect everyone. Television news also reported on many stores actually being out of twinkies and other Hostess snacks after people heard that they'd be going out of business. I think the most devastating part of the news about Hostess leaving is that so many jobs will be lost from it. According to a news article I read about it, it said the number of jobs being lost would be close to 18,000, which is such a large amount of people that are officially out of a job now after the strike against Hostess. Luckily, I heard there were many companies planning to buy out Hostess, so maybe all the snacks people are buying could be back on the shelves before we know it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment