Many of the articles I saw/read today revolved around shopping this weekend. According to a USA Today article, this was a record shopping weekend, and tomorrow, Cyber Monday, is expected to make it even more of a record. The article stated that many people, more than ever, came out on Thanksgiving night to get the deals at stores like Target, Sears, and Toys R Us. One site reports that there was over 59 billion dollars in sales between Thursday night and today, Sunday. More people were out shopping, as well as spending money online. The article said that people spent about 41 percent more this Black Friday weekend than any other.
Another interesting article I read over the weekend talked about YouTube, and the newest thing, Gangnam Style. The video on Youtube by an artist named Psy has officially topped most ever view on the website, passing Justin Bieber (who had the most prior) by about 2 billion, with around 306 billion views. I'm shocked because I don't know why it is so popular in the first place, but I thought it was amazing how quickly it got so many views.
No comments:
Post a Comment