I read some articles today about the progress of New York City after the hurricane last week. One article I read was the implementation of the even-odd gas rationing system in NYC. On even numbered days, those whose license plate ends in an even number can get gas, and on odd numbered days, people with an odd last license plate digit can get gas. According to the article read on USA today, this has worked a lot better and gas lines in the city are now only about 20 minutes compared to the hours and hours of waiting that was taking place before this happened. Apparently, people were also selling gas on Craigslist for outrageous amounts of money. Personally, I thought that it is rude for people do sell it for so high when there are plenty of people in need and who have been out of power for over a week at this point.
Today, I decided to finally take a look at the Washington Post as well because it is a site a have forgotten about all semester up to this point. On the site, I found an interesting article about a Jeep recall from Chrysler in Detroit. The jeeps are apparently recalled because of an airbag problem. The airbags have been randomly deflating while people are driving in the 2002-2004 grand cherokee models. The recall includes 919,000 vehicles.
In other news, I decided to do my issue story this week on the gym and was very surprised at the amount of survey-takers I have gotten on the survey I did, as it was more than double what I got on my last one!
No comments:
Post a Comment