Friday, September 14, 2012
9/14 News Reading
Today while I was reading some different newspapers online, I found myself looking at many different articles. I realized that I focused a lot on the technology portion of the New York Times today, mainly because of the IPhone 5 release and because I happened to pre-order it, so I wanted to read more about it. According to one of the articles I read, it was already getting more orders than planned an hour after it was put up to buy, so shipping was moved to a week longer for those ordering it after that time for the Apple site. I also found through another article some of its features, and things that it cannot do, which was new to me. Another article that I chose to read was an article on the anti-American protests that happened in the Middle East and beyond. What I noticed in the article is that the lead seemed to be kind of drawn out and boring to me, however, I still ended up reading the rest to see if it would get better and more interesting. It made me think about how maybe short, straight forward, leads are probably more appealing to readers, or at least to myself. I found myself wanting to know the who/what/when/where/why/how questions right upfront in the article. I also read a police-report like article in the Hampton Union, my hometown paper, about firearms being involved in an incident at a house in the town on Thursday, which interested me since not too much ever happens in the town.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment