The articles I read today were from a variety of sites, like the NY Times, LA Times, and some sports sites. I read one article about the political races and how Obamas ratings might be going down after how he handles the Libya situation, but apparently people don't like Romney's reaction to it either, so I'm unsure of how bad it actually hurts Obama. Regardless, I thought reading this article was interesting and helpful because I don't usually like reading political articles because they only interest me for so long, even though I know I should be paying attention to them. Another article that particularly caught my eye was one about partying at Cornell in Ithaca, NY. As a college student, this article caught my attention. However, I don't really like the way it was written. The beginning starts off with a narrative type of lead, telling a story basically at a bar, then goes into its main point about bars in the college town of Ithaca. As I was reading the article, I realized it really doesn't have too much of a point. I found myself reading and looking for the point of it, and I just didn't find it, so I think the article was lacking the "so what" aspect, which I find I also lack so far in a lot of the articles that I have written. Because of my age group, I thought the article was worth reading, but overall, I didn't really like it. I also found out tonight that the New York Times has a limit on articles you can read a month, but there are ways around it by clicking on articles that tweet on Twitter.
No comments:
Post a Comment