Thursday, September 27, 2012

News Reading 9/27

Today when I did my news reading, I focused a lot on local, New Hampshire news because after scanning some World and US news headlines, nothing seemed interesting enough to really catch my eye.  I found a few local articles that seemed to qualify as "breaking news."  One of the articles was on a crash that killed a man at Hampton Beach.  I found this article interesting because it happened in my town, yet I heard nothing about it until I looked on the WMUR website and found it.  There was also an article on it in the Hampton Union, but I used all my articles I could read for the month, so I have to hold off another few days before I can read from that paper online again.  Another article I came across was about an attacker in the Mont Vernon, NH area who assaulted a woman in her home.  The article was very fresh, so it didn't have much to it, but I thought that this was terrible considering it could have been similar to what happened a few years ago in the same town where a woman was killed and her daughter was injured by high school boys who broke into a home there. After reading some articles on WMUR, I realized they are all, for the most part, very short and to the point, which is different from those articles on sites like the NY Times which are not necessarily made for broadcast news stories, but written by legitimate journalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment