Wednesday, September 12, 2012

News Reading on 9/12/12

Today, I read a variety of different articles from many different newspaper websites, such as the Hampton Union, Seacoast Online, Boston Globe, and the New York Times.  After doing so, I realized that I probably learn more from reading news articles than any other way of learning.  Some of the articles I read were dealing with political issues between president Obama and Mitt Romney on Obama's immigration plan, then other articles were completely different.  For instance, one of the articles I decided to read from the Boston Globe website was about how a man from Massachusetts has a court date because he captured a skunk and left him in the box he captured him in for a few days, so the skunk died.  The article kind of reminded me of the one we were analyzing in class on Monday in the sense that it is kind of ridiculous and is not necessarily news, however, it is somewhat unusual so I suppose it could count.  I also read an article from the health section of the New York Times that talked about studies done to prove that being on computers, IPods, etc. within in hour of bed can hurt melatonin levels.  The article interested me because I use computers before I go to bed most nights, so I was curious as to what the article had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment