Friday, September 21, 2012
Ideas from Around Campus on Monday/Most interesting story.
The group I was in for Mondays class was looking for sports stories around campus. We decided to look at the Whittemore Center for what was going on in the sports world, and with campus recreation. We found things about the football team and homecoming, the dance auditions, intramural sports starting, and more. It surprised me that just by looking at one place, we came up with six different ideas for sports stories, and if we were to go to the Field House, or even check the UNH website for Campus Recreation, we probably could have come up with even more. When I am looking for stories to write about each week, so far, I have tried to just think about things that I have heard by word of mouth around my town, but that definitely won't always work out since there will be some weeks when things don't come up that I could write about. So far, this week, the most interesting story I have come across was this story on weight gain and soda among teenagers, probably because I drink a lot of soda, so naturally, I clicked on the story. I also found it interesting that the story was under "nation" on USA Today because typically in my findings, studies like that usually just are listed under the health section because they are perhaps less important than some of the political and other world news that is currently going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment