Friday, September 21, 2012

Newsreading This Week...

Today while I was reading articles, I decided to read more of the "world" type articles, since I've realized that I haven't been following too much besides my own, local, news now, and I am officially out of articles to read online on my local newspaper website because I am only allowed ten a month, unfortunately.  I was reading some articles in the USA Today and came across a few things I haven't heard of, like a pipeline fire in Mexico that killed 29 people.  After reading the article, I realized that it followed the inverted pyramid very closely.  The lead answered some of the "who, what, where, when, why" questions, and as the article went on, it definitely became full of more of the useless quotes and facts.  Another article I read had to do with a helicopter crash in Damascus, Syria, which I found to be a coincidence because I remember, "where is Damascus" being a question on our first news quiz, but I had actually never heard of it before, and now since I had that quiz, I have seen it in an article.

No comments:

Post a Comment